Gernot Rohr reveals what Wenger told him about Alex Iwobi

Image result for alex iwobi

The Technical Adviser of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohrhas revealed what Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger told him about Alex Iwobi during his visit.

As Technical Adviser of the Super Eagles, Rohr made trips around Europe to visit Super Eagles players at their respective clubs and also meet their managers to discuss their development.
During this trip, the German coach met with Wenger at Arsenal’s London Colney training ground where they discuss Iwobi.
Arsene Wenger and Gernot RohrplayArsene Wenger and Gernot Rohr met at Arsenal's London Colney training ground in October (Twitter/NFF)
 
When I met Arsene Wenger last month, we talked about Iwobi and he told me there’s more to his game than what we are seeing at the moment,” Rohr is quoted to say by UK Standard.
He is a confident lad. He is not afraid to try new tricks in training and games. He can only get better; his best is yet to come.”
Arsene promoted Iwobi to the first team in 2015 and the 20-year-old forward has been impressive so far.
The Arsenal forward in a recent interview admitted that he never expected to be a regular for Wenger’s side this season.
Alex IwobiplayIwobi has admitted he never expected to be playing in Arsenal's first team (Arsenal FC via Getty Images)
 
 “Honestly I didn't expect to be where I am today,” Iwobi toldArsenal Player.
“I thought a long time ago that I'd be on loan and probably get experience there before having experience in the first team, but the fact that the boss trusted me to jump into the first team as quick as I did, I'm just grateful for it.
“The same way I was able to break into it is the same way that I take the chance now.
After the international break, Iwobi and his Arsenal teammates will make a trip to Old Trafford to face Manchester United in their next Premier League fixture.
Share:

Popular Posts

Grow your business